Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Forward



I love Spring. I HATE "spring forward". We're almost two weeks into it and I still can't wake up. Every morning I fight to get out of bed and when i succeed, I turn around only to see Sleep sitting on my bed like a toddler screaming with his arms outstretched - begging me to return. I don't make my bed and I tell him I'll be right back - just as soon as I get the kids of to school... well, and get some laundry going. Also, I HAVE to check my email and go to the Mafia Wars bank (don't ask). I better clean up breakfast, too, while I'm up. Change some poopy pants. And draw some fleurs for some new Bazzill paper...

By the time I get back to my room, Sleep has cried himself into a sleep of his own. It wouldn't do me any good to cuddle with him now. He'd just ignore me.

Stupid spring forward. It's your fault Sleep and I aren't getting along.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Move to az. We don't spring forward. However, sleep still cries for me too. Poor baby. I miss him too...

On second thought, keep your pond, and green apple pool and fun house that probably doesn't look like the cookie cutter house 2.78 inches away from yours. After all, are you adjusting to spring forward or are you like me and taking a little longer than "normal" to adjust to the fatigue induced state brought on by motherhood?

Adam said...

Mafia Wars? Look for my friend request. Your stock just went up in my book.