Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Can't sleep

What a frustrating night! I can't sleep - which is fine - but i am antsy antsy (is that how you spell that?) ! My dumb cat keeps laying on top of me every time i change positions, Preslie and Mason keep waking up and ERRRGGHH! How can this night be redeemed? I need my Katie to come back and stay up all night with me again. Dave and Kristin left today. The new room is almost done and it is awesome. I can't believe people that I know can do things like build a room. Kristin was wonderful, too. If she hadn't been around, I might have gone crazy with all the hammer hammer hammer but I knew everything was taken care of and that my kids were having a blast. Mason learned a new trick this week and that was to tell kristin that it was "ok with mom" - even if he never asked. Stinker. They were very generous and we ate good food and got to have them all to ourselves. We send people home very tired. And I am always very sad to see them go. Thank you so much, Papa Dave and Grandma Kristin!! I can't say how grateful I am.

Luckily, I don't have to be sad for long. A new friend comes tomorrow! My friend Amy (White) Knowlton is coming to help tomorrow and I haven't seen her in SEVEN years! I lived with her my senior year of high school and the summer after my first year of college. If things haven't changed, I'm pretty sure she will stick grapes up her nose with me, which is a void I've been needing to fill for a few weeks now. I am so grateful that she would come. Maybe one night if I'm feeling saucy, I'll expound on the entire soap opera that was the "Amy Jaymee Shelby Joe" of so many years ago - then who would think I'm "inspirational"? Hmmmm.... that's good blog readin'!

4 comments:

Rod and Kandace said...

Shelby and Jaymee, I am so glad there are so many people who are able to head out to your house to be with and help you. I am sure you are overwhelmed by the outpouring of love. They probably know if things were reversed, you'd do the same thing for them. You must have done something right!

Anonymous said...

Shel-
I'm so sorry you can't sleep. Call me! We're already a few hours earlier, and we're either up late, or I can't sleep because Brandon's out of town. I hate being up all night alone!
I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys and playing with your cute kids. Thank you for letting me come help! Love you!
Mel

Unknown said...

Do it! Tell the "greatest story never told"

Toria said...

I want to hear the story again with the perspective of 10 years or whatever it is!!! I was thinking of having my mom find the box in our attic of all the notes that you and I wrote back and forth in Mr. Kaye's math class. You could do that when you're bored. There might be a few more soap operas to report on and we could all have some good laughs (does it hurt to laugh?). Hang in there with the bad chemo. You're in my prayers!